Alaska Housing Homeowner Assistance
The application period for Alaska Housing Homeowner Assistance closed on April 4, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. AKDT.
Are you a Vendor or Mortgage Servicer? Click here to get registered.
How Will I Be Notified About My Application Status?
After completing your eligibility check, you will have received a confirmation email. Throughout the application process, we will send regular email updates about your application status, next steps, and any required documentation. Please check your spam and junk mail folders for the confirmation email. Please also double check your email address and phone number to make sure that there are no accidental typos in your entry.
Check Your Application Status Online
Current applicants are encouraged to check the status of their application online. To check the status of your application, click here and enter your confirmation code. If you don't have your code, check the confirmation email you received when you completed your eligibility check.
Watch this video to learn more about how to check your status online.
What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
Basic eligibility requirements are listed below.
- You must be a homeowner and applying for aid in your primary residence that is located in the State of Alaska.
- You must satisfy minimum federal and State of Alaska requirements:
- Have experienced a coronavirus-related financial hardship after Jan. 21, 2020;
- Not exceed the maximum household income as required by U.S. Treasury;
- At least one person per household must be directly or indirectly financially impacted by COVID-19;
- Demonstrated risk of housing instability or homelessness.
What Does It Cover?
Alaska Housing Homeowner Assistance may include:
- Financial assistance to help homeowners reinstate a mortgage in forbearance, delinquency, or default;
- Repaying homeowner expenses including property taxes, hazard insurance premiums, HOA/condominium dues, cooperative maintenance fees, and cooperative maintenance fees for homeowners who continue to experience financial hardships due to COVID-19.
Is My Housing Eligible?
Eligible owner-occupied properties include:
- Single-family attached and detached properties
- Condominium units
- Manufactured homes permanently affixed to real property and taxed as real estate
- Mobile homes not permanently affixed to real property
- Land contracts
- 1 to 4-unit properties where the homeowner is living in one of the units as a primary residence
Where Can I Learn More?
- Read FAQs about Alaska Housing Homeowner Assistance
- Contact our Call Center at 1-833-330-8290 toll free
- Contact your Mortgage Servicer
What Are Other Resources for Homeowners?
Guidance About Foreclosure & Forbearance
Your Rights as a Homeowner and Where to Find Legal Aid
Get free legal advice about keeping your home and your rights as a homeowner. To learn more, click here.
Homeowner Expense & Utility Vendor Registration
By registering with Alaska Housing Homeowner Assistance, you will have the opportunity to use our online tool to verify applicant information when necessary and expedite the process of receiving payment for qualifying homeowner expenses and utilities.
Mortgage Servicer Registration
By registering with Alaska Housing Homeowner Assistance, you will facilitate quicker payment to you once homeowners are approved for assistance.
Additional information for Mortgage Servicers is found here.