Alaska Housing Homeowner Assistance
The application period for Alaska Housing Homeowner Assistance closed on April 4, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. AKDT.
How Do I Check My Application Status?
Current applicants are encouraged to check the status of their application online. To check the status of your application, click here and enter your confirmation code. If you don't have your code, check the confirmation email you received when you completed your eligibility check.
Watch this video to learn more about how to check your status online.
What Is The Appeals Process If I Did Not Qualify Or Missed The Deadline To Apply?
If you could not participate in Alaska Housing Homeowner Assistance because there were barriers which prevented you from completing your application or because you were determined to be ineligible when checking your eligibility, submitting your application, or working with a service provider during verification, you may protest that decision to Alaska Housing Finance Corporation by completing and submitting this form.
What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
Basic eligibility requirements are listed below.
- You must be a homeowner and applying for aid in your primary residence that is located in the State of Alaska.
- You must satisfy minimum federal and State of Alaska requirements:
- Have experienced a coronavirus-related financial hardship after Jan. 21, 2020;
- Not exceed the maximum household income as required by U.S. Treasury;
- At least one person per household must be directly or indirectly financially impacted by COVID-19;
- Demonstrated risk of housing instability or homelessness.
What Does It Cover?
Alaska Housing Homeowner Assistance may include:
- Financial assistance to help homeowners reinstate a mortgage in forbearance, delinquency, or default;
- Repaying homeowner expenses including property taxes, hazard insurance premiums, HOA/condominium dues, cooperative maintenance fees, and a portion of ongoing payments for homeowners who continue to experience financial hardships due to COVID-19.
Is My Housing Eligible?
Eligible owner-occupied properties include:
- Single-family attached and detached properties
- Condominium units
- Manufactured homes permanently affixed to real property and taxed as real estate
- Mobile homes not permanently affixed to real property
- Land contracts
- 1 to 4-unit properties where the homeowner is living in one of the units as a primary residence
Where Can I Learn More?
- Read FAQs about Alaska Housing Homeowner Assistance
- Contact our Call Center at 1-833-330-8290 toll free
- Contact your Mortgage Servicer
What Are Other Resources for Homeowners?
Guidance About Foreclosure & Forbearance
Your Rights as a Homeowner and Where to Find Legal Aid
Get free legal advice about keeping your home and your rights as a homeowner. To learn more, click here.