When Rent Relief Is Complete
For tenants whose rent relief is about to end or has ended, resources may be available through AHFC and/or partner agencies.
- There may be public housing options and/or voucher programs in your community
- Tenants may qualify for Emergency Housing Vouchers
- Learn about the Housing Stabilization & Recovery program
- Assistance may be available through a regional housing authority
- They can connect with a HUD-certified housing counselor
- Tenants can call or visit 2-1-1
- AHFC’s Employment Library offers assistance with job readiness
- AHFC’s free budgeting tool can assist tenants with developing a budget and managing monthly expenses
If you participated as a landlord in the rent relief program and have questions about a letter you received from AHFC regarding overpayment, please note that walk-in appointments will not be accepted. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (907) 330-8281 for assistance.
Register Now to Receive Payment
Landlords can help tenants successfully secure funding by registering as a landlord in our system.
Adding your information to the portal in advance will facilitate quicker payment to you once tenants are approved for rent relief. By registering with Alaska Housing Rent Relief you will:
- Reduce the number of requests from tenants for your information.
- Expedite review by providing documentation such as a lease agreement or W9 form.
- Get paid faster by providing your tax and payment information.
Tenants Must Manage Their Application
Renters must follow the application process themselves. However, you can help them be successful by knowing how the program works and being able to help them with the application process. Payments will be issued directly to you, the landlord, and utility companies. Find more FAQs here.